Helps you target problem areas in your mouth directly and effectively.
Intensive treatment formulated to treat and prevent gum problems, such as red, swollen and bleeding gums.
Clinically proven to help put a stop to the first stage of gum disease (gingivitis). If left untreated, this can progress to the irreversible second stage of gum disease, periodontitis, which can lead to tooth loss.
Corsodyl Dental Gel contains 1% Chlorhexidine Digluconate. The active ingredient, chlorhexidine digluconate, acts rapidly (within 30 seconds) to kill the bacteria that cause plaque.
It also forms a protective antibacterial layer over the teeth and gums to prevent plaque build-up for up to 12 hours.
How to use:
- Gum disease: Brush your teeth for at least one minute once or twice daily using 2 cm of gel. Continue the treatment for about 1 month.
- Mouth ulcers & oral thrush: Apply gel directly to the sore areas using your finger once or twice daily for at least 1 minute. Continue use for 2 days after healing.
- Denture-sore mouth: Thoroughly brush all over dentures with 2.5 cm of gel on a moistened toothbrush once or twice daily for about 1 month.
- Dental surgery or tooth decay: Use as directed by your dentist.
If symptoms persist, see your dentist.
- Active Ingredient: Chlorhexidine Digluconate 1% w/w.
- Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropylcellulose, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Sodium Acetate, Levomenthol, Peppermint Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol and Water.
Warnings and restrictions
- Do not swallow.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not use in children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
- Do not bleach fabrics that have been in contact with the gel.
You can use Corsodyl if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.