Contains active ingredients to reduce diarrhoea and dehydration. Dioralyte Relief sachets contain essential electrolytes to help maintain your body wellness, as well as rich starch to add bulk to your stools, for treating diarrhoea.
How to use
Adults (including the elderly) and children over 1 year:
- ONE sachet mixed in 200ml of water after each loose stool
- Up to 5 sachets each day, for up to 3 to 4 days
- Do not take more than 5 sachets in 24 hours.
Babies aged 3 months to 1 year (to be given under the guidance of a doctor):
- The amount given depends on how much the baby weighs.
- The usual daily dose is 150–200 ml of the drink for each kg of the baby’s weight.
- This can be given over 24 hours.
- Give half the drink during the first 8 hours and the other half during the next 16 hours.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure how much to give.
- If your baby is being sick, you can give 5-10 ml (one or two teaspoons) every 5 minutes.
- This can be gradually increased until they are able to drink normally.
- Each sachet contains Pre-Cooked Rice Powder 6g, Sodium Citrate 580mg, Sodium Chloride 350mg and Potassium Chloride 300mg
- Also contains Aspartame, Hypromellose, Raspberry Flavour and Ethanol.
Warnings or restrictions
If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction, diabetes, kidney or liver failure, or are on a low- potassium or sodium diet, ask your doctor before use.
Infants under 2 years should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.